Would you rather work for David than Goliath?
Do you like to be hands-on and to work in a fast-paced environment?
Are you excited by the challenge of leading a team of technical consultants on exciting projects?
Valiantys is a rapidly expanding IT consultancy with a range of solutions and services around the Atlassian suite of software tools. Recognised as a Platinum Expert in our sector, we have over 2,000 clients around the world to whom we provide all sorts of services: training, installation, customisation, hosting, etc.
As we are establishing our Dutch office, we are looking for a JIRA Consultant to help us structure and organise the Atlassian projects we tale on board. You will be the client's main technical contact and will plan with them the delivery of the projects and the resources.
You will also be involved in gathering requirements from the customers, designing the solutions and assisting with trickier parts of the implementation. You will need a strong technical background but with a desire to be involved on more business-related topics like project management and consulting.
- Own the delivery of short and medium-sized client projects (up to 2 months in length)
- Plan projects from end to end
- Liaise with customers to kick-off projects, follow their completion and validate delivery
- Manage a small team of consultants' schedule to assign resources on projects
- Manage client's expectations and keep them in the loop with progress
- Advise clients on best ways to solve business and technical problems around the Atlassian tools, such as data migrations, upgrades, new deployments, custom plugin development.
- Take part in the delivery of high-added value projects, such as technical audits, functional audits and advanced software configuration
- Collect requirements from clients and design technical & functional solutions.
- Become our expert in one area of the business (Agile development, Service desk...) or the leader on one of our products
- Help the sales team with technical questions during the pre-sales process
- Contribute to our knowledge base and blog
- Keep in touch with the latest developments in our field
- EN and DUTCH speaker
- Motivated, no-bullshit self-starter. Creative. Pragmatic. Relaxed yet enthusiastic attitude
- Degree in computer science
- Experience in Technical and Process consulting, support, development, or technical pre-sales and can help customers through complex issues
- 5+ years of experience in software development / product management
- Ability to install, configure and implement Atlassian solutions. We don't expect you to do any coding but you'd need to be able to install a Java web app and write basic scripts
- Strong customer service ethic - Must be good and experienced in dealing with customers
- Good knowledge of Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)
- Excellent understanding of the end-to-end software development lifecycle (ALM) and of the tools used to support it
- Ability to effectively articulate a recommendation to both an executive level decision makers and key technical influencers
- Willingness to travel to customers' sites in Benelux and Europe
- Experience with the Atlassian software suite (JIRA, Confluence, etc.) as an administrator
- Experience in configuration management